- PCOS is a condition that affects women, leading to the development of unbalanced hormones, irregular menstrual cycles, and small ulcers in both ovaries.
- About 7 percent of women suffer from this syndrome. Not only this, this syndrome leads to inflammation and insulin resistance which makes it difficult for women to lose weight.
- You will be surprised to know that even the weight loss of a small part of the body depends on the condition getting better.
- Weight is associated with better overall condition. So, today we are telling how women suffering from PCOS can make weight loss easy through these 8 methods.
Why does PCOS cause weight gain?
- Women who suffer from PCOS have more male hormones.
- These women become insulin resistant, gain weight and in many cases become obese.
- This condition increases the risk of heart attack, difficulty sleeping and many other types of problems begin.
Reduce carb intake
- Carbs directly affect your insulin level, so if given less in carbs eating can help to a great extent.
- One study found that women suffering from PCOS, obesity, and insulin resistance adopted a diet for the first three weeks, which included 40 percent carbs and 45 percent fat.
- After this, he once again followed a three-week diet which included 60 percent carbs and 25 percent fat. Both these diets also contained 15 percent protein.
- The result was that blood sugar levels were the same during both diets, but insulin levels fell by 30 percent during the first diet.
Eat more fiber
- Eating fiber does not make you hungry for long and you do not eat things like chips, snacks or biscuits in between meals.
- High fiber intake is directly linked to insulin resistance, reduced body fat, and lower abdominal fat in women.
Eat more protein and healthy fats
- If you take protein in food, you will feel full after meals, which helps to stabilize blood sugar.
- It also helps you lose more calories, which will also reduce your weight.
Eat fermented food
- Fermented foods boost metabolism and help manage weight.
- Women with PCOS have fewer intestinal bacteria than normal women.
- Eating fermented foods can help these women.
- Stay away from sweets and processed food
- If you skip eating processed food, you will lose weight more easily.
- Sweet and processed food also increases your blood sugar level, which leads to obesity.
Do daily workouts
- You will lose weight easily by doing daily workouts with a healthy diet.
- Women suffering from PCOS can lose weight with the help of cardio and weight training.
Don’t eat less
- You can never lose weight by eating less or starving yourself.
- While eating less slows your metabolism, which increases weight.
- By eating less your hormones are negatively affected.
Get enough sleep
- Sleep helps rejuvenate and refresh your body.
- Lack of sleep increases the activity of hormones that increase appetite, which makes you eat more throughout the day.
- There have been many studies in which it has been found that people who do not get enough sleep are more at risk of becoming obese than those who sleep well.