- Host India made a tremendous comeback in the third T20 match against Bangladesh winning by 30 runs.
- Bangladesh was once in a very strong position in this match.
- He was moving towards victory. But Deepak Chahar not only put the brakes on his speed but also made his car unattainable.
- It was due to this record-breaking performance of Deepak Chahar that India won.
- Man of the match Deepak Chahar made five records during this period.
- India scored 174 for five wickets against Bangladesh on Sunday.
- After this, Bangladesh were all out for 144 runs in 19.4 overs.
- Bangladesh once scored 110 runs for two wickets. At that time, he had to score just 65 runs in 43 balls to win.
- Then Deepak Chahar got Mohammad Mithun out and returned to the match.
- Bangladesh could not recover from this setback till the end and were dismissed for 144 runs.
- He lost his last 8 wickets to score just 24 runs. Deepak Chahar took six wickets in the match including a hat-trick.
1. Deepak Chahar took a hat-trick to his name with three consecutive wickets in this match. He is the first cricketer from India to take a hat-trick in a T20 International match. Talking about world cricket, this is the 12th time when a bowler has taken a hat-trick. Talking about women’s cricket, Ekta Bisht of India has also taken a hat-trick.
2. Deepak Chahar (3.2-0-7-6) took six wickets for just seven runs in this match. This is the record for the best bowling in T20 International cricket. Deepak broke the record of Sri Lanka’s Ajantha Mendis (4.0-2-8-6). Talking about Indian cricketers, before Deepak Chahar, the record of best bowling was in the name of Yuzvendra Chahal (4.0-1-16-6). Yuzvendra Chahal performed in 2017.
3. Deepak Chahar is the first fast bowler to take six wickets in an innings of T20 International match. Earlier only two bowlers could take six wickets in an innings of a T20 match. These two bowlers are spinner Ajantha Mendis and Yuzvendra Chahal. Mendis has done this feat twice.
4. This is the first time a bowler has taken six wickets in an innings of a T20 match against Bangladesh. Earlier, the record of best bowling against Bangladesh was the name of Caribbean bowler Chemo Paul (4.0-0-15-5). In 2018, Keemo Paul of West Indies took five wickets in an innings.
5. This is the first time the first bilateral T20 series was played between India and Bangladesh. Deepak Chahar took a total of 8 wickets in three matches of the series. He was the best bowler of the series. He was given the ‘Man of the Series’ award for this performance. In this way, he has also become the first Indian to name this award in the T20 series against Bangladesh.